Did you ever realize that your feet were in control of your posture, balance as well as in avoiding certain body pain? We’re sharing certain foot exercises to relieve pain from back, knee and hip portions, keep reading. Our feet carry our weight all around and by ensuring that our feet are in a good condition, we can make sure that our body is in good shape as well. It is said that the amount of pressure we put on each foot determines our balance and we must make sure that we do not experience pain in any of our legs. How to remove knee pain by exercise?
Regular foot exercises to relieve pain are necessary to ensure that there is proper blood flow in our feet. It also ensures that our muscles become strong. It will also ward off all kinds of balance-related problems associated with age. Sometimes, foot pain can also occur as a natural consequence of standing all day. Simple exercises can help invigorate tired feet and help relieve pain. In this article, we will present you with a set of simple exercises that can be done at the comfort of your home. It is considered best if you regularly follow these foot exercises to relieve pain. So, here is the list:
1. Toe Presses: Your toes need good warm-up and the best way to do this is to do toe presses. This ensures that there is good blood flow to your feet and also gives a good relaxation for your feet. This is one the most sought-after foot exercises to relieve pain. Procedure: Stand and bend your knees slightly. Grip the floor with your toes and hold for 3 seconds and then release. Repeat this exercise 10 times, thrice a day.
2. Toe Walking: Toe walking will help strengthen the ligaments and muscles in the feet and toes. Procedure: Stand up on your toes and walk for 20 seconds. Repeat this exercise 5 times with a small rest in between, twice in a day. This is known to improve the strength of the feet significantly.
3. Ankle Circles: This exercise will help relieve pain in the ankle, knee and hip. Poor posture leads to pain in these areas. You must surely try this movement, which is considered as one of the simplest foot exercises to relieve pain. Procedure: Lie down flat on your back with your legs bent upwards. Lift one leg and stretch it above your body. Rotate the ankle clockwise for 10 seconds, then anticlockwise for another 10 seconds. Repeat this with the other leg as well. Do this exercise twice a day for best results.
4. Resistance Band: In order to maintain balance, the smaller muscles in the feet must be robust enough to carry you around. You will require an exercise band for performing this. Procedure: Sit on the floor and straighten your legs in front of you. Warp an exercise band around a bed post and place the other side of the band on top of your feet. In the seated position, slide back. This will create a tension in the band. Now flex your foot backwards and hold for 5 seconds.
5. Toe-Pencil Pick Up: As the name suggests, you will have to try to pick up a pencil using your toes. This is one of the best ways to strengthen the toes. Procedure: Try to pick a pen or pencil using your toes. Hold on for 10 seconds. Do this 5 times with each foot for about 2-3 times in a week.
To schedule a consultation, call the Achilles Podiatry Group at (800) HELP FOOT. For more information, you can also contact us on line.